We’ve had everything from open-mic nights and indie publishing fairs, to charity fundraisers and ghost hunting. And we’re a regular host venue for annual events like Light Night, Festival of Literature, Scalarama Film Festival and the Being Human Festival of Humanities.
Our basement event space offers an atmospheric venue for large meetings, workshops, gigs, book launches, poetry slams, film screenings and performances.
- Capacity 60 seated theatre-style or 90 standing
- 24/7 access for load-in and load-out
- Access to kitchen facilities, fridge, toaster, microwave, urn, glasses, 10p per hot drink
- Free WiFi
- Fully wheelchair accessible
- Temporary storage available as needed
- Optional gender-neutral bathrooms
- Modular staging
- Projector, screen, amps, deck, flipchart
- Public events promoted on our website and newsletter
- Donations bar provided or BYOB
£25 per hour
£150 per day
and repeat events
£15 per hour
£100 per day
and community groups
£10 per hour
£60 per day
£250 per week
Find out more
Email email@example.com to find out more or book your spot. We’ll get back to you within five working days.
If you’d like to see the space prior to booking, or you wish to discuss extra requirements, you’re welcome to visit during working hours on Fridays, or other days by appointment.