Welcome to the Nottingham Writers’ Studio blog.
Here you can see updates from projects we’re running, meet some of our members, and find out more about us and our extended creative community.
If you’re interested in submitting, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet the Mentors! Scriptwriting coach Hugh DichmontThis month for our 'Meet the Members' feature, we're doing something a little different and taking a moment to introduce you to our fantastic scriptwriting coach Hugh Dichmont! Hugh is a multi-award-winning script writer across theatre, film and audio who's had works performed across the UK, including Nottingham Playhouse, Theatre 503 and The Vaults. His … Read more
- Meet the Members: Frances ThimannFrances Thimann was brought up in Sherwood, and now lives there permanently again, after many years living in London, and some time working abroad. She has been writing for several years, mostly short stories, and has had three collections previously published. She completed the MA in Creative Writing at Nottingham Trent University in 2006. The … Read more
- Meet the Members: Alan Walker, Chair of the BoardFor this latest edition of 'Meet the Members' we have the pleasure of introducing you to Alan Walker, the current Chair of the Nottingham Writers' Studio board. What is your best benefit from being a part of NWS? In the summer of 2014, I was becoming increasingly frustrated with my business as a Management Consultant. … Read more
- Meet the Members: Clare StevensClare Stevens grew up in Somerset but has lived most of her adult life in Nottingham. She has a background in journalism and PR and wrote her first novel, Blue Tide Rising, while studying for an MA in Creative Writing at Nottingham Trent University. The novel was published by the independent press Inspired Quill in … Read more
- Meet the Members: Nick SturgeonNick Sturgeon wrote his first non-fiction books back in 2003 to 2006 on various themes around property investment and being a landlord. These were traditionally published with Pearson FT and How To Books. More recently he has formed his own publishing business and is creating how-to books around personal finance, frugal living, generating a side … Read more