Welcome to the Nottingham Writers’ Studio blog.
Here you can see updates from projects we’re running, meet some of our members, and find out more about us and our extended creative community.
If you’re interested in submitting a blog, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet the Members: Sara Jane PotterSara Jane Potter writes contemporary fiction, was born in Maidenhead and has been living in Nottingham since graduating from College. She has been writing since she was nine and is currently working on a new literary mystery. Sara also has a blog and is an excellent painter. Tell us about your own writing process and … Read more
- NWS to Close with November LockdownIt is with a high degree of sadness that I have to announce that in line with Government policy we will be closing the Studio to members with effect from midnight tonight. We will stay closed until the situation is fully reviewed on December 2nd. Since the end of the initial lockdown, we have advised … Read more
- Award-winning Author, Yvvette Edwards, to judge George Floyd Short Story CompetitionYvvette Edwards, the author of ‘A Cupboard Full of Coats’ and ‘The Mother,’ is to judge Nottingham Writers’ Studio’s inaugural ‘Black Lives: The George Floyd Short Story Competition.’ The free-to-enter event is currently open for submissions until August 15th with Ms Edwards then choosing the three best stories to win £250, £125 and £75 respectively. … Read more
- The George Floyd Short Story Competition – A statement from the NWS BoardSome concerns have been raised following the announcement of the George Floyd Short Story Competition. “Why choose a man with a criminal record to front the competition?” “Why, in fact, do we need to have this competition at all?” “Isn’t racial inequality more of an American problem?” These are all fair questions and should be … Read more
- What do you want to see more of at Nottingham Writers’ Studio?We want to know what you would like to see in our upcoming programme. We've already got some great things in the pipe-line including festivals, a virtual project with an author that'll involve writing a novel in a year (we're particularly excited about this), and some new facilitators on board to deliver high-quality creative writing … Read more