Welcome to the Nottingham Writers’ Studio blog.
Here you can see updates from projects we’re running, meet some of our members, and find out more about us and our extended creative community.
If you’re interested in submitting, email us at email@example.com
- Meet the Members: Alan Walker, Chair of the BoardFor this latest edition of 'Meet the Members' we have the pleasure of introducing you to Alan Walker, the current Chair of the Nottingham Writers' Studio board. What is your best benefit from being a part of NWS? In the summer of 2014, I was becoming increasingly frustrated with my business as a Management Consultant. … Read more
- Meet the Members: Clare StevensClare Stevens grew up in Somerset but has lived most of her adult life in Nottingham. She has a background in journalism and PR and wrote her first novel, Blue Tide Rising, while studying for an MA in Creative Writing at Nottingham Trent University. The novel was published by the independent press Inspired Quill in … Read more
- Meet the Members: Nick SturgeonNick Sturgeon wrote his first non-fiction books back in 2003 to 2006 on various themes around property investment and being a landlord. These were traditionally published with Pearson FT and How To Books. More recently he has formed his own publishing business and is creating how-to books around personal finance, frugal living, generating a side … Read more
- Meet the Members: Anne GoodwinAnne Goodwin works as a full-time author and reviewer after having a successful career as a clinical psychologist. Anne writes novels and short fiction; her debut novel Sugar and Snails was released in 2015 and was shortlisted for the Polari First Book Prize. Anne’s novels deal with ‘themes of identity, mental health, marginalisation, attachment, gender, … Read more
- Meet the Members: Sara Jane PotterSara Jane Potter writes contemporary fiction, was born in Maidenhead and has been living in Nottingham since graduating from College. She has been writing since she was nine and is currently working on a new literary mystery. Sara also has a blog and is an excellent painter. Tell us about your own writing process and … Read more